Thursday 26 January 2017

Embracing the power of positivity

It's been an exciting start to the year, with that all important CCC place secured for August.  Having this goal now confirmed has set the cogs firmly in motion and now it's all about that journey, being focused on how I will achieve it, staying positive and surrounding myself with as many positive people as I can! 

Yes, there was the lurgy, the 'bad' run at Arrochar, and yes, there are some ongoing injuries and imbalances to address, but a wise man posted on social media last night about busting through those 'limits', and that's exactly where my head is at!  Constantly working on how to train whilst not compromising health or weak points, and building the strength to overcome! Be that through training, or better nutrition decisions.

I've kick started the year with similar gusto to last year - Garmin records a similar activity and run count (slightly higher mileage this year) and a shift from several Versaclimber sessions into Hot Yoga and Pilates...along with slightly more strength and conditioning sessions in the gym!  Taking action on the points I knew I needed to address....I do still need to start building those Versaclimber sessions back in.....somewhere!!

There's plenty more to blog about, when time permits.....I've a whole heap to say about last weekend's fabulous 'Glee Club' Feshiebridge weekender and my first jaunt on the Burma Road, my journey with hot yoga, and the joys of back to basics with pilates.  Not to mention some deadlift, chest press and squat PBs!  And some weight loss to boot!

For now - happy days, happy training, early alarm calls and a 'just get the f*** on with it' positive attitude!  Do what's right to get you where you want to be!

And here's some happy  photos...
Carol, Lorna, Dawn, Me
At the "Secret Trig"
 
Climbing in snowy Glen Sherrup
 
On the Burma Road, Aviemore
Glee Feshie Weekender

1 comment:

  1. Lot's of positives and well done on the PBs!! (Can't wait to get back lifting again x)

    ReplyDelete